Sean McHugh is the head instructor and owner of First Strike Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Kelowna BC and has been a Martial Arts enthusiast most of his life. At a young age Sean was inspired with the Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris area, which prompted him to start to learn Karate, Kung fu and Kick Boxing.
Sean stayed a completive athlete through high school and was a provincial level wrestler and also represent the B.C. Olympic Weightlifting Team in the Canadian Winter Games. In 2001 Sean joined the Carlson Gracie Team under Master Marcus Soares and has never looked back.
- Owner and Head Instructor for First Strike Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy est. 2010
- Brown Belt w/3 stripes in Brazilian Jiu-JItsu under Master Marcus Soares
- Over a dozen medals in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Wrestling tournaments
- Extensive training in Brazilian Jiu-JItsu, Kickboxing, Wrestling and Judo
- Former completive Olympic Weightlifter and extensive Power Lifting training
- CPR and First Aid certified
Kyle Van Sickle & Cody Earp of Manraje Muay Thai Kickboxing
Jamie Wootton of Origins MMA